selena's Biography


1999
Selena Gomez

I Love You, You Love Me?

At age 7, Gomez stars on Barney & Friends. "I was very shy when I was little," she tells PEOPLE in 2008. "I didn't know what 'camera right' was. I didn't know what blocking was. I learned everything from Barney." But after two seasons, she says, "[producers] felt like I was getting a little too old, so I got the boot."
2007
Selena Gomez
October 12

Teen Witch: Selena on Waverly Place

After doing the Disney Channel rounds on The SuiteLife of Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana, Gomez lands her own show, Wizards of Waverly Place. She plays tomboy teen witch Alex on the Disney Channel hit. "I'm nothing like her," Gomez tells the AP of her character. "She's kind of mean and a little bit sassy and I think I'd get in trouble for that."
2008
Selena Gomez
Spring

The Next Miley Cyrus

With a TV hit on her hands, Gomez's star-power draws her comparisons to reigning Disney princess Miley Cyrus. "I think it's an honor, it's a good compliment," Gomez tells the AP. In March, Cyrus ignites a reported feud with Gomez when she and her pal Mandy Jirouxmock Gomez and her friend Demi Lovato on YouTube. Both stars deny a feud, with Cyrus saying she's "super sorry" about the video. 
Selena Gomez
Summer

Kissing Nick Jonas

The Miley vs. Selena plot thickens when Gomez is linked to Cyrus' ex, Nick Jonas of Jonas Brothers. Although Jonas' rep denies a romance, the stars share similar first kiss stories. "Well, she's an amazing girl, and anybody would be lucky to be dating her," Jonas says of Gomez. 
Selena Gomez

Working BFFs: Selena & Demi

With fellow Barney alum and Camp Rock star Demi Lovato, Gomez shoots the Disney Channel movie,Princess Protection Program. In the original TV flick, Lovato plays a princess-in-hiding who covers as an ordinary teen with the help of Gomez's character. "I'm having a blast!" Gomez says of her newfound fame. "I've been blessed with everything that I'm doing."
2009
Selena Gomez
April

Selena's Twilight Love

While filming Ramona and Beezus in Vancouver, Gomez is photographed with Twilight hunk Taylor Lautner – who is also in town filming New Moon. TheWizards of Waverly Place star, 16, and the ripped cutie, 17, cuddle during dinner and a movie in the Canadian city. "He has been visiting her on the set and they've been hanging out in Vancouver," says a source close to Gomez.
Selena Gomez
June

Cover Girls

With the upcoming premiere of their movie, PrincessProtection Program, Gomez and BFF Demi Lovatoappear in a special edition of PEOPLE. In the issue, Gomez remains tightlipped about her relationship withTaylor Lautner but says, "I've cared a lot for people. I don't believe I've been strictly in love."
2010
Selena Gomez
September 21

Making the 'Scene'

Following the launch of her Kmart clothing line Dream Out Loud, Gomez returns to music, releasing A YearWithout Rain – her sophomore effort with her band The Scene. "My influences, especially with this record, would be Cheryl Cole from the U.K. and Katy Perry," she tells Access Hollywood. "The way that they carry themselves and their music styles were very inspiring for me so I kind of made my own version of that."
2011
Selena Gomez
January

The Kissing Game

After playing coy about her romance with Justin Bieber, Gomez and the tween heartthrob are caught kissingduring a Caribbean getaway in St. Lucia. "We just like to hang out. They shouldn't be stopping us from going out to dinner and things like that," Gomez told PEOPLE in December.









NAME
Selena Gomez
DATE OF BIRTH
July 22, 1992
BIRTH PLACE
Grand Prairie, Texas
RELATIONSHIPS
Justin Bieber, boyfriend (2010 to present)
Nick Jonas, ex-boyfriend (2008 to 2010; on and off)
Taylor Lautner, (dated in 2009)

Comments