Louis Tomlinson Doncaster Rovers Deal Falls Through: Why Was His Bid to Take Over Soccer Team Rejected?

louis tomlinson, one direction
Poor Louis Tomlinson. His dream to own the Doncaster Rovers football team totally fell through and he was left "gutted" over the whole thing. Why was Louis' bid to take over the soccer team rejected?

In a nutshell, while it sounded initially like it came down to money, John Ryan, the businessman Louis partnered with, explained it was an issue with the Football League. Speaking with BBC Radio Sheffield, he apologized for the failure of their crowd fund raising efforts, adding, "The real problem has been with the Football League who have put out very onerous rules and regulations and Louis and I have been the first victims of it. Unless you have bag fulls of cash you're going to be turned down."

John added, "I'm really cheesed off, as is Louis, with the way we've been treated by the Football League...It's a black day for me and it's a black day for football. If they want to kick out people who are trying to do the right thing, like Louis and I, then fine...Louis is a real upcoming guy who really wants success for his hometown club and we've been thrown out."

It's Louis' statements on Twitter, however, that are most heartbreaking, as he tweeted: "I'm absolutely gutted the Doncaster Rovers deal is not going ahead. I am desperate for the club to be given the recognition it deserves :(" He added, I was explicitly told that the deal to buy the club was not dependent on the money raised by Crowdfunding . Unfortunately I was misled."

Keeping his head up, he noted: My passion for Doncaster Rovers remains as strong as ever, and I hope that I can still be involved with the club moving forward! And to all the Doncaster Rovers fans , I will do all in my power to help the club succeed. I really do love the club ! #roverstillidie

He followed it up with a massive sadface, then further explained, "For the record,I insisted contractually I would never earn a penny from DRFC. I simply wanted to help club& community.Still hoping I can"

Poor guy.

Comments